JeffSys Usage Agreement
By using your JeffSys account, You (the user) enter into a legal agreement with the authorized administrators and owners of the jeffsys.net services ("Jefferson Systems", herafter). This Usage Agreement may be updated from time to time by us without prior notice to you, but you can always review the current version on this web page. If your account is restricted to e-mail, some rules may not be relevant to you.
- You get what you pay for. Our network is administered by volunteers, and our servers are hosted by volunteers, so we really can't make any guarantees about anything. Our administrators do rely on the service for their daily work, and thus have a strong motive to fix something if it breaks, but often they cannot respond instantaneously. If you are using your JeffSys account for mission-critical operations, you should consider switching to a commercial service.
- DO NOT give out your password to other people. Repeat: DO NOT give out your password to other people, even people you trust. Giving other people your password introduces serious security problems and is grounds for termination of your account.
- Your bandwidth and disk usage must be "reasonable". This is somewhat subjective, but some
good warning signs of overusage are:
- if you receive more than 100 e-mail messages a day
- if your web site is getting more than 100 visitors per day
- if you are serving large files (e.g. ZIP archives) to the general public
- if your disk usage is over 1GB. (You can measure this by typing "du -s ~", and you can see the overall disk usage by typing "df".)
- Keep backup copies of any files which are important to you. If the server crashes and all your files are lost, there is nothing we can do about this. We are not liable for any bad things that happen to your data.
- Don't keep private things on our server. If hacker gains access to our system and posts your files or e-mail messages on the web, we can't accept liability. (Note that copies of your messages are sometimes sent to administrators if an error prevents them from being delivered.) The JeffSys administrators respect your privacy, but we cannot guarantee it. Even if one of our volunteers acts irresponsibly, WE ARE NOT LIABLE.
- Do not use your account for illegal, offensive, or unscrupulous purposes. Use your head, and don't get us into trouble!
- INDEMNITY: You agree to indemnify and hold Jefferson Systems, and its volunteers, affiliates, agents, or other partners, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your your use of the service, your connection to the service, your violation of the Usage Agreement, or your violation of any rights of another.
- TERMINATION: You may terminate this agreement at any time by requesting an authorized JeffSys administrator delete your account. You agree that Jefferson Systems, in its sole discretion, may revoke your account and remove or discard any files, e-mail, web pages, or other data stored on our servers, at any time and for any reason whatsoever.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
- YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. JEFFERSON SYSTEMS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- JEFFERSON SYSTEMS MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM JEFFERSON SYSTEMS OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE USAGE AGREEMENT.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT JEFFERSON SYSTEMS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF JEFFERSON SYSTEMS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE.
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS: SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have any questions about these terms, please contact a JeffSys administrator or write to this address:
C/O Bluel Technologies Corporation
1321 Upland Drive #616
Houston, TX 77043